Rapid prototyping of development parts and tooling
In-house 3D Plaster Mandrel printing
In support of the aerospace markets needs for accelerated product development cycles BWT have invested in HP Additive Manufacturing Binder Jet 3D Printers which provides for rapid prototyping of development parts and tooling.
- Established in-house tooling capability
- No need to manufacture mould tooling – straight conversion from model files to finished mandrels.
- Can create tooling parts to lean production process
- Design validation before investment in production tooling
- Accelerated product development cycle
- Reduced lead-times
- Recyclable material, reducing manufacturing cost
- Suitable for producing “non-flight” parts – e.g. test rig components, or ensuring fit of a designed part within the airframe, avoiding unnecessary abortive costs
Fusion Deposition Modelling (FDM)
BWT are investing in Fusion Deposition Modelling (“FDM”) technology in aerospace approved UltemTM 9085 resins, and as a result we already have parts flying within our Low Pressure Ducting Systems. The ongoing implementation of FDM technology will support BWT in providing optimised system solutions whilst accelerating the product development process.
IN-HOUSE 3D PLASTER MANDREL PRINTING: Click the images above to view larger images and browse the gallery.
FUSION DEPOSITION MODELLING (FDM): Click the images above to view larger images and browse the gallery.